Welcome to the Town of Framingham Emergency Management Agency (FrEMA)
website. Renamed in 2002, Emergency Management was formerly known as Civil
Defense. The name of the agency was changed in an effort to more accurately
reflect the major responsibilities of the Department. In addition to Civil
Defense, the Framingham Emergency Management Agency is charged with the
administration and oversight of the Local Emergency Planning Committee
(LEPC), Homeland Security, and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for
the Town of Framingham.
There are nine sections to this website:
- By-Laws: Information about the laws pertaining
to and used to establish the Emergency Management Agency
- General Information: Basic information about
- Emergency Planning: Information on how
to protect you and your family in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency Operations Center: The heart of the
Emergency Management agency. The center coordinates all activities in
the event of an emergency
- Homeland Security: Resources and
information about the Federal Government's work against terrorism
- Local Emergency Planning Committee: Responsible
for planning, prevention, for and directing the response to hazardous
materials incidents, and offers access to information on the storage
of such materials, for the benefit of the town's residents and businesses.
- Auxiliary Police: Information about the
Auxiliary police department, made up of 25 volunteers that help protect
- Framingham Amateur Radio Agency: One of the
oldest ham-radio clubs in America sponsors a wide variety of activities
open to everyone.
- Links: A collection of internet addresses
about emergency management
•Back to the Town of Framingham
This page has been visited